There are as many opinions in the world as there are people – that’s a great deal of commentary. It would be the best of all possible scenarios for everyone who has had contact with your company loved it. Unfortunately, that is usually not realistic. There are customers who have had a less than positive experience and want to vent about it online, disgruntled former employees and so much more. This is why it is crucial to know how to track reviews online to stay abreast of what is being said about your business.
While you certainly cannot stop all of the poor reviews, you can step up your efforts to get more favorable ones by following this advice:
- Examine your current reviews on your website, review sites and social media. Look at similarities in positive and negative press.
- Request reviews from your customers after they utilize your services or purchase a product.
- Make sure that your website has social media presence on all the major sites, particularly Facebook and Twitter.
- Deal with bad reviews quickly and directly. An email or phone call is the best way to handle this type of situation. Do not be tempted to respond publicly as this can backfire and lead to more unfavorable responses.
- Make your review process simple, as it encourages more participation from customers.