Reputation is defined as the opinion (whether true or not) of an individual’s character and capability, achievement and worth. This applies both in person and online. Lawyers are particularly susceptible to an unfavorable status as their position holds them in the public eye so often. Therefore, it is important to hire a professional marketing firm to uphold and maintain positive reputation management for attorneys to ensure that you keep the clients you have and to influence others to approach you for their legal needs.
There are additional steps you can take to build a solid reputation with judges, clients, other counsel and prosecutors, particularly if you are new to the field:
- Be available for public speaking engagements and write relevant articles for trade publications.
- Remain current with best practices.
- Stay up-to-date on your subject matter.
- Build relationships by holding follow-up meetings or calls.
- Take advantage of social media by encouraging interaction with potential clients.
- Constantly assess your goals.
- Respond quickly but politely to criticism.
- Ask colleagues for feedback about your reputation and skills as a litigator and use these comments to improve.
- Show enthusiasm for your work.
As far as an online reputation, a carefully crafted website and a simple yet effective reputation management program can make all the difference between failure, a mediocre practice and success. Strategies can be formulated to increase viewership, garner more 5-star ratings and bring in clients. Just as individuals depend on you for legal counsel, rely on an expert team to help you maintain a status of which you can be proud. Contact Top Review Tracking today to learn about what we offer for reputation management for attorneys. We have a lengthy list of satisfied customers. Join their ranks.