Has your business slipped or are you just wondering how your company is perceived? This information is easy to acquire. You can locate and track online reviews of your business and learn how past and present customers view you and how potential clients will look at your company. There is a great deal of information you can learn and use this knowledge to increase your customer base. Customers typically make 3 different types of comments:
- Blog posts, review site evaluations such as TripAdvisor, Angie’s List and Yelp and other websites are available in brief phrases or there may even be long narratives. Unfavorable feedback often manifests itself in the longer articles.
- A rating system (eg: 5 stars, 4 stars, etc.) can be included as part of a review.
- When someone comments on another person’s review, it is called an interactive rating. Statistically:
- Consumers generally lean toward either a positive or negative review. “Average” reviews are not as common.
- Virtually 100% of shoppers research buying possibilities online before purchasing online.
- More than 80% of purchasing decisions are influenced by online reviews.
- Online reviews are trusted by more than 70% of consumers. Top Review Tracking offers a convenient online dashboard to track online reviews. Sign up now for a free 30-day trial of our review program and see for yourself how simple and beneficial it can be for you.
- What this means is that favorable reviews draw business, while negative commentary decrease sales and elevate an unfavorable company perception.
Top Review Tracking offers a convenient online dashboard to track online reviews. Sign up now for a free 30-day trial of our review program and see for yourself how simple and beneficial it can be for you.